CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mother's Testimony

After attending Fast and Testimony meeting today, and thinking of all my many blessings, I felt that I wanted to let my family know just how much you all mean to me, and also of my love for the gospel and for our Savior. When I think that I was blessed with seven wonderful children I can sometimes hardly believe it. And then added to you seven, your spouses and children and grandchild, all of whom hold a special place in my heart. I think of you all, individually by name, and you are each wonderful to me. I enjoy the perspective of where I'm at now--looking back over my life thus far. The blessings are just immeasurable! When Dad and I were first dating, I felt that he was a very special person and had qualities that I would come to admire. He hasn't disappointed me! Listening to him today during the 5th Sunday 3rd hour, I was truly in awe of his abilities and his testimony. Of course, we all know the history, but as each of you children came into our family, we were that much more enriched as a family. And that process will continue to grow. Last week a lady asked me if all of my children were active in the church, and I proudly said YES! I didn't feel boastful, but just grateful--grateful that all of you have kept your covenants and continue to do so--that you're teaching the next generation also to do what is right and to love the Lord. Thank you to ALL OF YOU for the privilege and blessing of being your mother. Of course, none of the above would be possible if it weren't for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My gratitude knows no bounds for the blessings of the gospel that I've had all my life. From my earliest memories, I can remember loving to go to church, going with mother as she fulfilled her assignments in Relief Society, always performing acts of service. My life was truly blessed and influenced by loving parents and siblings. Just know, when things get hard, that Heavenly Father is aware of each of you, and that you are all in my prayers every day. Love forever, Mom

0 comments: