CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Adam + Red Rock = Love

Okay, so I already love living in Las Vegas - let me just put that out there. And, because I will be going on Corbin's epic hike/camping trip at the end of the summer, I have been hiking once a week for the past 6 or 7 weeks in Red Rock Park. It is a very beautiful place - I love having a place so beautiful near us. Here are some pics:

I took the above picture on a hike to La Madre Springs with Natalie.


The above picture was taken on a hike to Turtle Head Peak. You can see the trail that goes all the way down between those cream-colored rocks in the middle of the photo. Natalie and I didn't even make it to the top because it was rediculously strenuous (Nat definitely could have made it, it was me who couldn't finish) - after we already hiked 2 miles, we got to a part where we had to do some actual climbing because it was so steep. Also, this was only the second time I went hiking so I probably should not have selected one of the hardest hikes in the park. Mini-P.S. This picture was taken after we had already come down a ways.

I took this picture this morning on my solo hike. This is a really cool waterfall. I will post some more pics later when Michelle and I go and take some pictures with her super nice camera.



This is one of my favorite hiking outfits. I know, you're thinking, "Adam, where are the short khaki shorts, boots with calf-length, non-matching wool socks, and military-green patagonia t-shirt?!" Well, that is not my style. I prefer the awesome ensemble pictured above. Is that just a plain white tee? No sir, you know it's the Garrett Family Reunion shirt. Plus that sweet sweat-shirt that's fashionably tied around my waist is a Longs Drugs (Hello!! - Awesome!!!!) shirt.

P.S. I know some of you may be tempted to one-up me by talking about how beautiful Sedona is or Moab or Zion's or the rocky shores of Lake Michigan or anywhre else. Just don't do that - we've all been to those places and we know, okay? Okay. Just enjoy. . . .



0 comments: