CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

After my last colitis episode maybe I should get me some parasites too! I have started CERT training. It stands for Community Emergency Response Training. Basically, citizens are trained, by the fire department, on what to do in the event of any kind of natural disaster or anything else that may happen where emergency personnel are spread too thin. It is every Tuesday for 6 weeks. They were stressing the fact that in any natural disaster it takes at least 3 days (can you say 72 hour kits) for emergency personnel, FEMA, etc. to get to the area. So we are basically on our own in our own neighborhood. It's quite an impressive program and besides I get a hard hat and a vest and next week I get to learn how to put out small fires! Our stake is really stressing this program.

Ryan is moving up here in two weeks. Maggie has been in Arizona for the last month. We miss them so it will be good to have them back up here. They are planning a summer wedding (probably August) so keep that in mind.

Love, Michelle

0 comments: