CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

So I just had one of the best weekends EVER! My darling husband surprised me with a Rejuvinating Weekend w/ Hubby & No Kids (this was the title of the typed up itinerary he provided). The kids stayed at David & Jill's and we stayed home. I was a tad hesitant as Garrett has dual ear infections, but hey he could be sick at home or with his aunt and uncle, so I might as well let them get up with him in the middle of the night. On Friday we went to dinner in LA and then to Wicked. It was even better the second time! Don did enjoy it, although he is not familiar with the Wizard of Oz and so i think something is lost without that background, but he liked it (endured it?) neverthless. yah, um i have a question... who isn't familiar with the story of Dorothy, Toto, munchkins, glittery golden bricks, glittery red shoes and those freaky monkeys? Anyway, the rest of the weekend was filled with sleeping in 'til 8:45am (which is late!) a massage and pedi/mani, shopping and a glorious dinner at Roy's. Seriously, their butterfish is heaven! I'd have to say the best part was that my house stayed clean for 48 hours and I felt so FREEEE not having to load and unload kids into carseats. I do love those kids, but whew it's nice to have a little break. And yes, my son did not give a crap about me when we picked them up. Only his dad... Seriously... what is that about? This "daddy's boy" business is getting a bit ridiculous. Anyway, hopefully his ears are on the mend as we are tackling his lack of speech next. He will be assigned a case worker to assess and then we go from there. It is his expressive speech that is delayed, which is the most common and quite often works itself out, but we don't need to wait. He does communicate with much pointing and noise, he responds to his name and follows directions and maybe does a Ma and Da, but that is it, so hopefully we'll see some improvement in the near future because I CAN'T WAIT to have another child whine at me! So, my kids have returned, bringing with them their messes, and my wonderful weekend is but a memory. However, I now know I have something to look forward to... 17 years from now when Garrett leaves home and I'm 53 years old... time alone with my wonderful husband :) Those are going to be some good times... probably thanks to a little blue pill, but hey whatever it takes (was that inappropriate?) Love to all... Alison

0 comments: